Zoom Board Interview

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
I would be wary of pushing anything on any Coop Board too hard. In the same way as when preparing a Coop application I advise purchasers "It's not a menu - you don't pick which things on the list you want to supply. It's a list of requirements."

east30s

I would be wary of pushing anything on any Coop Board too hard. In the same way as when preparing a Coop application I advise purchasers "It's not a menu - you don't pick which things on the list you want to supply. It's a list of requirements."
Agreed…I was on the board fir many years ….but I’m just wondering if it’s ok to request if it’s possible ?

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
Unless it's a stuffy building I don't think it's crazy to make a request as long as it's kind of open and not pushy. The type of response you get will probably also be a window into how reasonable the managing agent/Board are going to be in the future as well.

east30s

yes very true...with cases rising and holidays expecting more cases, december/january board interviews on zoom make more sense - at least to me...thank you

Noah Rosenblatt

Talking Manhattan on UrbanDigs.com
Staff member
hmm, good question. Agree, In todays day and age I dont think it would be too unreasonable to present this question in a very easy going, non aggressive way. But I totally get Davids point and some buildings may stick to their ways just because they can. If they reject you just because of this request, maybe it wasnt meant to be...kind of thing.

east30s

hmm, good question. Agree, In todays day and age I dont think it would be too unreasonable to present this question in a very easy going, non aggressive way. But I totally get Davids point and some buildings may stick to their ways just because they can. If they reject you just because of this request, maybe it wasnt meant to be...kind of thing.
But hypothetically speaking ,if I only want to do a zoom interview and not in person and they will only do in person, wouldn’t this be a breach of contract if I don’t do the in person ie lose 10% deposit ?

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
But hypothetically speaking ,if I only want to do a zoom interview and not in person and they will only do in person, wouldn’t this be a breach of contract if I don’t do the in person ie lose 10% deposit ?
I can't give you legal advice, you need to talk to your attorney for that, but I agree with your thinking. I would think it would be treated similarly as if you had either refused to complete the application fully or refused a request for additional information.

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
I can't give you legal advice, you need to talk to your attorney for that, but I agree with your thinking. I would think it would be treated similarly as if you had either refused to complete the application fully or refused a request for additional information.

Noah Rosenblatt

Talking Manhattan on UrbanDigs.com
Staff member
Agree wiht David, def ask your atty this question.