You know things are getting bad when...

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
You're getting more than 4 emails a week from some brokers about the same properties.
(i.e. imagine sifting through 10,000 emails a day if everybody starts doing it)

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
Hidden at the bottom of a listing description appears the acknowledgement that the maintenance listed includes almost $60,000 worth of rebates (on a property under $1 million).

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
At this point I think a lot are being filtered out as "noise" - even if not by some digital means, they are so overwhelming and overdone that a lot of agents are deleting without reading. There are agents sending the exact same email out almost every day it seems.

John Walkup

Talking Manhattan on UrbanDigs.com
Yep. And not just brokers - the amount of nonsense emails that gets blasted out is mind-boggling. Why bother? Because it's free. Makes me think we could see a 'spam tax' coming down the pike. $0.01/recipient over 100. Pay to play.

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
You get an email with the subject "JUST LISTED" and you open it to find it's the 7th email you've received about the unit which has been on the market over a month.

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
As of today Gmail is sending over 25% of the email blasts from brokers to my Spam folder. My guess is that in general Real Estate people are unfamiliar with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003:

I'm guessing someone is going to get blindsided because to penalties for non-compliance can be pretty severe. My advice to anyone sending email blasts should familiarize themselves with the regulations and large firms should probably actually appoint a compliance officer.

Noah Rosenblatt

Talking Manhattan on UrbanDigs.com
Staff member
We got a piece on price reductions coming now, will peek at the off markets...but this is coming at a time when deal vol is highest? interesting. sounds like this pickup in deal vol may not have legs