Words you're tired of seeing in listings

Upstairs Realty

@Selborne I love "curated!" However, I am kind of over "stunning," which I think means 9 on a scale of 10, to describe something that is merely a 7.

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
I see a lot of "stunning"ly bad kitchen design, specifically horrible stove placement and huge refrigerators with no adjacent counter space. I guess it doesn't matter as much in open kitchens which actually get used for cooking a couple of times a year, but...

Upstairs Realty

We could talk about kitchens ad nauseaum (which I believe is Latin for "kitchens that make my stomach hurt just looking at them.")

I remember a couple of years ago, bringing a potential buyer into a newly renovated townhouse in one of the then-recently rezoned hot areas of Brooklyn -- Ocean Hill, maybe? -- and seeing a refrigerator that was so fitted into its little cubbyhole THAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN IMPOSSIBLE TO OPEN THE REFRIGERATOR DOOR.

I do have to admit, I was "stunned"...

Upstairs Realty

I just got an email from the listing broker of a postwar Junior 4, which has one exposure facing the brick of another building, and is virtually staged. As far as finishes, the photos show a framed shower door in the bathroom and what appears to be Porcelanosa tile in the kitchen. The descriptor? "Stunning."

Upstairs Realty

It s/b "helicopter;" everyone knows that.

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
Not a word but, this unit was taken off the market 5 days ago
https://streeteasy.com/building/74-grand-street-new_york/ph and relisted with an altered unit number: