Top 5 Tells

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
The top 5 Tells from Real Estate Agents that a market correction may be imminent:

1)Telling sellers “it’s a great time to sell” while telling buyers “it’s a great time to buy.”

2) Complaining about “bottom fishers.”

3) Announcing “newly listed” or “just reduced” when either happened a month ago or more.

4) Sending out email blasts on a listing more than once a week (much less multiple times in 1 day).

5) Phantom competing offers.

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member

nicolebeauchamp

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
Number 7:

Using the old spammer's trick of putting "re: " in the subject line of email blasts to trick people into opening them by making them think you were responding to them.

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
#8 - changing unit from 18F to 18FF or F18, like its a jet
It's not helping that REBNY and the new head of RLS are trying to pretend the issue doesn't exist.

Noah Rosenblatt

Talking Manhattan on UrbanDigs.com
Staff member
It's not helping that REBNY and the new head of RLS are trying to pretend the issue doesn't exist.
How could they not know it exists? seems like an easy one to build ai around and push the odds one forward for review and violation. I wonder if they have too much on plate? They are still planning to launch a public portal to compete with SE.

east30s

Noah Rosenblatt

Talking Manhattan on UrbanDigs.com
Staff member
you mean so that the listing looks FRESH and NEW and there appears to be NO LISTING HISTORY?
thats exactly right. Its a known issue, not a classy thing to do so many agents stay away obv, but some do it in an attempt to hide history. Usually doesnt work as you can find the off market listing on SE anyway. In time I think they will eradicate the practice if violations start catching on

thats exactly right. Its a known issue, not a classy thing to do so many agents stay away obv, but some do it in an attempt to hide history. Usually doesnt work as you can find the off market listing on SE anyway. In time I think they will eradicate the practice if violations start catching on
I hope they don't eradicate it tells me exactly what kind of agent I am dealing with off the bat.