Ticker TOP for 1 MONTH Deal Vol?

Noah Rosenblatt

Talking Manhattan on UrbanDigs.com
Staff member
You’re right, tomorrow’s the day not today. But what a strong showing on Tue & Wed for you! A middling day is rolling off, so things are looking good for you — you got your miracle! I am getting ready to hang my head in shame…
hahaha...ur gonna have a nice mornin :))

inonada

I’ll take the under on 1100. I like to piss against the wind of the historical ~200-contract / ~33% Sept=>Oct increase.

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
September sub-1000 is one thing, but if there isn't an October rebound over 1100 I think it will be hard to say the market isn't cooling. I'm thinking we will be higher than that.

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
We hear a lot about how buyers "missed their chance" by failing to pull the trigger and make a purchase in the second half of 2020. I'm wondering if in the not too distant future some sellers will be told they "missed their chance" by not taking what they could have gotten in 2021.

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
We just did our second recent deal on a "no fee" rental where one of the applicants offered to pick up the fee (rather than the landlord) to jump the line.

inonada

How long was the line, and was it a particularly good deal? We are 2 weeks away from when I did my apt hunting last year, and it’s like night & day.

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
Not hearing a lot of talk about how much leasing activity has dropped off since the recent huge spike, but as far as I can tell it's over 50% down.

Noah Rosenblatt

Staff member
Not hearing a lot of talk about how much leasing activity has dropped off since the recent huge spike, but as far as I can tell it's over 50% down.
Yes, we reported on it last week I think. Both lease activity and new listings down, almost like seasonality is back

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
The "proof" of how strong the market last Fall was that contracts dropped off less than 5% from October to November and then actually grew by over 10% from November to December. What's the bet for this year?

Noah Rosenblatt

Staff member
The "proof" of how strong the market last Fall was that contracts dropped off less than 5% from October to November and then actually grew by over 10% from November to December. What's the bet for this year?
at ths point in the recovery, i dont see much contract activity growth from nov to dec