Pending sales needs 400+ deals a week

Noah Rosenblatt

Talking Manhattan on UrbanDigs.com
Staff member
...to sustain this trajectory. Right now we are at a 342 weekly pace, which makes me think the future pressure to this pending sales chart will be topping out/lower

1623689656630.png

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
I find it highly unlikely we will see 400+

Even the 342 is "hot" and I don't believe the "no summer cool down" protagonists will be proven correct.

Noah Rosenblatt

Staff member
I find it highly unlikely we will see 400+

Even the 342 is "hot" and I don't believe the "no summer cool down" protagonists will be proven correct.
I agree, and been saying for weeks - this record activity is NOT sustainable and we will regress to the mean eventually and to advise accordingly

Noah- WouId you mind walking through the calculation of PPSF on CS date vs. saledate? I get the concept but would love a clarification on the detail of the calculation. If a unit goes into contract on 1/1/20 and the sale is recorded on 3/1/20, the actual PPSF is then put into the average for the CS data set on 1/1/20 and then averaged with all others with CS of 1/1/20? Or is the asking PPSF involved as well? Many thanks in advance.

Noah Rosenblatt

Staff member
"the actual PPSF is then put into the average for the CS data set on 1/1/20 and then averaged with all others with CS of 1/1/20?"

this.