Kitchens Ad Nauseam

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
There's no end to my surprise at bad kitchen design, especially in new kitchens in projects where some sort of "professional" designer was probably involved. Perhaps my 2 biggest pet peeves revolve around appliance placement and "handing." Then you get a combination of bad placement plus wrong handing. unnamed(38).jpg

Upstairs Realty

That seems like a small kitchen to have two sinks.

Upstairs Realty

So zap this post if it's too ad hominem, or ad kitchenem as the case may be, but I keep coming back to this kitchen photo, thinking, "is this apartment something DG has a connection to, maybe a listing DG has?" Then I go down the roads of "it can't be an individual's apartment, it's got to be staged, because who keeps three green apples (which look faux) on a plate like that?" But the other road is, "if this is a model/staged apartment, then why didn't they wash the window for the shot?" And then Mr. Upstairs said to me, "you keep looking at this kitchen photo, why is that?" and I said, "well, it's that vignette in the back; who puts *three* wineglasses out on display?" And then Mr. Upstairs said, "two parents and a child" and I LOL'd, so I thought I'd share that. Please spare a smile for me before you call Child Protective Services...

Upstairs Realty

Found the kitchen photo I referenced above (thank you Facebook) ... how do you open the door on the left-hand side of the photo, exactly? 17636917_1300062163423719_2195973948129642998_o.jpg

woodside

The refrigerator is pushed against the wall on the right-hand side with no space between, which leaves no choice of the handedness of the door opening.

With the space limitation of the kitchen and the location of the sink and stove, there is no other location to place the refrigerator. The only way to remedy this problem is to buy a refrigerator with a smaller width.