Brooklyn Agents: what does townhome price action feel like currently?

Mark

Questions for agents in Brooklyn:
  • What does townhome price action feel like currently?
  • What types of townhomes are moving and what types sit?
  • What are buyers looking for? Is there a premium for a certain level of finish or for certain amenities?
Context:
I'm about to do a renovation on my typical 3 floor, 20 x 40 brick rowhouse and am looking to anchor my budget to comps of renovated townhomes in my area (South Slope above BQE near Windsor Terrace, zoned for PS10, quiet tree-lined street, block and a half from the park). I've been pleasantly surprised by the recent comps I've seen. I was under the impression that a renovated version of my home would be around the $2.2M - $2.5M range, but am seeing several sold in the $2.7M - $3M range.

Here are some examples:
  • 471 10 Street (sold for $2,704,000 in Sept)
  • 119 Windsor Place (sold for $2,800,000 in Sept)
  • 217 Prospect Park West (sold for $2,800,000 in December)
  • 1635 Eighth Avenue (sold for $2,999,000 in January)
  • 445 15 Street (sold for $2,950,000 in January)
Also like seeing homes move quickly like 461 11th Street that's currently in contract after being on the market for 10 days.

____
Thanks all!

John Walkup

Talking Manhattan on UrbanDigs.com
A couple of quick thoughts: The Brooklyn market is firing on all cylinders right now. Buyers are paying premiums for renovations because post-covid they tend to take longer and cost more. With that in mind, I'm not surprised you're seeing some higher prices for turnkey, renovated units.