Alternative Floor Plans

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
Why does almost every listing have to have an "Alternate Floorplan" these days? I understand if the unit has been fairly extremely altered and you want to show the original plan, but the plans I'm seeing are often worse than the existing or an unrealistic representation of what can be done. Plus I am really bothered when agents base the room/bedroom/bathroom on the listing on their fantasy alternative rather than what actually currently exists.

Since REBNY has this new program demanding listing accuracy I hope they plan on cracking down on agents counting rooms which don't currently exist, but I'm not holding my breath.

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
At today's virtual REBNY Annual Meeting I asked in the Q&A if the new "data integrity" effort would include policing these listings with the bedroom/room count listed as the potential rather than as built. Rather than have it as part of the Q&A I got a "private answer" from one of the panel pretending they have no idea this is going on and directing me to submit examples to an unnamed person at RLS with no instructions on how to do so.

I take this as they have no intentions of dealing with this issue. So much for actual data integrity.

nicolebeauchamp

I would submit the examples to the new RLS SVP.

The number of times...that bedroom is nothing of the such .....if I had a nickel ....

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
I sent examples to her with links to listings on StreetEasy at least one of which which I know are on RLS. Instead of looking them up she responded by asking "Thank you for your email. I only see the examples from Streeteasy. Are you seeing any of this in the RLS?" so I asked for the URL of the RLS search page.

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
I sent examples to her with links to listings on StreetEasy at least one of which which I know are on RLS. Instead of looking them up she responded by asking "Thank you for your email. I only see the examples from Streeteasy. Are you seeing any of this in the RLS?" so I asked for the URL of the RLS search page.
Follow up:
I sent examples from UrbanDigs and added "However, my question is a general one:
Are those 2 issues addressed in the data integrity mandate?* Or are you saying that either they don't exist or that they do exist but are not included?"

That was 2 weeks ago. I have not received a response.

* The two issues from earlier in the email chain were:
1) Listing room count/number of bedrooms as on "alternate floorplans" as oppose to what currently exists
and
2) Changing unit numbers to "fictitious" apartments in order to reset days on market clock

John Walkup

Talking Manhattan on UrbanDigs.com
Those are nasty ones.... the first one I can grant a bit of leeway here and there, but the second one is just so frustrating.

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member

Although it's currently a *cough cough* 4 bedroom, you can see from the alternate floorplan how it can easily be reconfigured into a zero bedroom unit.