2021 $ volume off the charts (literally!)

John Walkup

Talking Manhattan on UrbanDigs.com
Check this out - the dollar volume of signed contracts in the 2Q of 2021 is a record by far. Moreover, look at the slope from q1 to q2 - it's also the mot intense on record..... it's nuts out there, right now.... BUT since 2004, only 3 years have seen $ vol increase from q2 to q3. One of those years was 2020 as it went from nothing to something. Otherwise, the historical trend says relax.

Note - chart cut off legend.. safe to say the steep black line at the top is 2021 and the orange line dragging along the bottom is 2020.
Manhattan - Quarterly Contract Dollar Volume.png

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
I'm sorry I forget who it was, but I think one of our posters here suggested averaging 2020 and 2021 stats to compensate for held back demand due to COVID.

Noah Rosenblatt

Talking Manhattan on UrbanDigs.com
Staff member
I'm sorry I forget who it was, but I think one of our posters here suggested averaging 2020 and 2021 stats to compensate for held back demand due to COVID.
yeah i recall. i think they said to do 3yr avg and include 2018-2019 with 2020 to even it out..not sure, but something like that. Still, we figured ths would be a diff and interesting angle to view the data vs all other years on record