Search results

1. K

Market seems significantly worse than the data is indicating

Listening to the latest Manhattan market update, and the data you're reporting makes it seem like we're just in some sort of mild declining market. However, what we're experiencing, what I'm hearing from bankers and attorneys that I speak to, as well as other agents, for lack of a better term...
  2. K

Neither buyers or sellers market....

David, I thought you were a little premature with it last time. But I think now would be a good time to dust off that article you wrote on agents being prepared for down markets. Can't remember what it was called, but certainly very relevant right now.... Keith
  3. K

Doesn't feel like a seller's market ; )

I've been traveling quite a bit this summer, I just stopped by to take a look at the latest Urbandigs data. Was surprised to see your market pulse in the 'seller market' territory. Not completely surprised regarding Brooklyn, we're still seeing multiple bids on many of the properties we're...
  4. K

Why do buyers lose their minds in a hot Market?

It's interesting that buyers tend to absolutely lose their minds in a hot market. Making very aggressive offers, waving all sorts of contingencies, etc. Real estate markets won't effectively go to zero. So if you're an individual that has decided you prefer home ownership over renting, why not...
  5. K

What's driving this sales market across the country?

I wonder if this surge in buying everywhere has some underlying psychological roots, a tangible purchase that has the ultimate use, a place to call home, that feels solid? I'm sure many would suggest a home is a home, whether you rent or buy it, I'm just trying to noodle on what's actually...