Where to hide from this Inflationary Bear equity market?

Noah Rosenblatt

Talking Manhattan on UrbanDigs.com
Staff member
1652128583873.png

A tightening Fed into an inflationary bear market = lots of volatility, selloffs in equities and other risk assets, bear market rallies and its likely all of this lasts longer than anyone wants.

Where do you hide? Is NYC an option? Do we get hit? If so, how much? Watching the ticker closely, right now I see deals still getting done with anectdotes that a shift may be going on right now

1652128688580.png

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
Bitcoin down >50%.
40% of FAANG has tanked and the other 60% is in bear territory.
The bond market appears to be in bear territory.
Mortgage rates are double off the bottom and appear to be continuing to rise.
What happens if they hit 7%? 8%?

Noah Rosenblatt

Staff member
Bitcoin down >50%.
40% of FAANG has tanked and the other 60% is in bear territory.
The bond market appears to be in bear territory.
Mortgage rates are double off the bottom and appear to be continuing to rise.
What happens if they hit 7%? 8%?
Wondering if we reach that high in this leg of the cycle. Not sure. We are close enough tho and the rate of change is devastating to those unprepared. Risk assets reacting and pricing in this future of higher rates which may last longer than most think.

Most think fed will change course and save the day, like they always have.

But there has been a change of sentiment at the Fed and they will have to hike into this

Noah Rosenblatt

Staff member
only watching comp, but i imagine quite poorly. Along with tech, bio and lots of other sectors. Companies about to get a econ lesson in financing costs affect on business operations

generational buying opps in some of these plays soon

Noah Rosenblatt

Staff member
If you believe the Wealth Effect drove people to buy Real Estate, how are people going to react to large stock market losses?
I believe the Feds monetary printing machine is a more powerful force behind it, but yeah, that's not far behind. Both in reverse.

For the record, I see a correction in housing, NYC too but a lesser degree, followed by years of rising after the dust settles..