Ticker TOP for 1 MONTH Deal Vol?

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
That's a lot of red in supply. With demand still strong while I normally wouldn't suggest listing after Memorial Day, especially since we're seeing strong sell signals this might be the year to buck conventional wisdom.

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
I think you also need to compare with number of units on the market at the time. When monthly contracts were 1,100 it was compared to how many units available?

Noah Rosenblatt

Talking Manhattan on UrbanDigs.com
Staff member
I think you also need to compare with number of units on the market at the time. When monthly contracts were 1,100 it was compared to how many units available?
thats kind of like the UD pulse. However, that looks at supply & pending, while I think what you are saying is to look at Monthly deal vol vs total ACTIVE inventory at the time? hm, interesting. So it would look like this

NOW 1,426 is the 30 day pace with Supply at 7230

When monthly deal vol was 1100 in Feb before the rocket ship lifted off to record vol, Supply was around these same levels, low 7s

We're not waiting, we're listing everything now that we're getting. The two bedrooms we have under 1.5 including the newest at 171 Greene (40+ appointments booked, sunday/tuesday). Over 60 showings at 382 2nd Street best and final tonight. Contract signed on our second unit at 135 Eastern parkway, contract signed at 301 East 36th Street. Multiple bids and accepted offer on our listing on ave A. We're in the process of listing a two bedroom on East 69th Street and a penthouse in Dumbo, "If not now, when?" This momentum can't last forever...

Interesting your charts show what I've been feeling, things have begun to slow down a bit from where they were a month+ ago. It's just three of us, currently with about 18 deals in contract, it's been a whirlwind.

Considering where we were a year ago, many thinking the demise of New York/ NYC real estate was close at hand, I'm glad to see the city humming with life and activity. And a strong/active real estate market. Thanks for keeping it real Noah and John, and providing us with sound data. The Friday vlogs, going back a year were an absolute must watch, and helped us all navigate these difficult times. I think we all got a little bit excited as we watched contract signings climb and market pulse rise!

You might remember Noah, you were one of the first people I spoke to before starting my own company. I guess you could call us a disruptor, many didn't think it would work, I always thought why wouldn't it?

Last edited:

Noah Rosenblatt

Staff member
Oh i remember Keith! And thx so much for the kind words :)) love it

AMAZING to hear this. Glad your sellers brought it forward, no reason to wait for Fall when markets are this favored to sell side and liquidity just off record levels. Get er done!!! Cheers and keep the updates coming!!

David Goldsmith

All Powerful Moderator
Staff member
Yea, planned to mention that on todays report. Normal tho i figure for late June? Those that didnt sell after X months, off for summer? back on after labor day?
Depends on what "normal" is for June in a "hot market." June 2013 was 336. June 2014 saw 441. June 2015 saw 416.

You could say "but there are a lot more units on the market now," but that's the same point I was making supra re: should all these numbers be tempered by that?

I must confess I'm a bit confused by some recent comments I have seen about a supply shortage when (aside from the Fall 2020 spike) we seem to be close to historically peak inventory levels in Manhattan (especially when you include not only New Development shadow inventory but what appear to be a burgeoning number of listings being marketed as "off market" and therefore not counted).

Noah Rosenblatt

Staff member
Depends on what "normal" is for June in a "hot market." June 2013 was 336. June 2014 saw 441. June 2015 saw 416.

You could say "but there are a lot more units on the market now," but that's the same point I was making supra re: should all these numbers be tempered by that?

I must confess I'm a bit confused by some recent comments I have seen about a supply shortage when (aside from the Fall 2020 spike) we seem to be close to historically peak inventory levels in Manhattan (especially when you include not only New Development shadow inventory but what appear to be a burgeoning number of listings being marketed as "off market" and therefore not counted).
supply shortage? not from us was it?

Noah Rosenblatt

Staff member
We should expect this, but here it is..next few weeks likely to be slow due to holiday/summer so ticker likely will be pressured lower in regards to new listing inventory and deal vol

1625064005052.png